Cross Country 2022
Calling all KEW Little Athletes. It’s time to turn it up a notch and put your track skills to the test off road
🙌 🌳 🌧 💪 🏃♂️ 🏃♀️
NEW Members to Kew LIttle Aths for the 2022 Cross Country Season
EXISTING 2021/22 Season Kew Little Aths Members
Question: What do Little Athletes do in Winter? Answer: Cross Country!…and here’s why:
Cross Country training is included in your registration fee – there’s no additional cost!
Improve your fitness, make new friends
Prepare for inter-school cross country competitions
If you’re interested, read on……
Kew LAC Cross Country Team competes against athletes within the Eastern Region. Please see below for all the important details you need to know:
Competitions are held across the Eastern suburbs at Doncaster, Box Hill, Camberwell/Malvern, Nunawading, Ringwood and Collingwood.
Cross country season runs from April - August
Races are held on Sunday mornings from 9:30-11am
Start times and distances at each event:
9.30am 3000m U13+
9.45am 2000m U11-U12
10.00am 500m U6
10.15am 1500m U9-U10
10.30am 1000m U7-U8
Winter training is held on Wednesday's 4.30pm-6pm at Stradbroke Park - all registered Kew Little Athletes can attend even if you aren't racing Cross Country starting April 6!!
Existing Kew Athletes do not need to pay registration fees these are included in your Summer Season Fees
New Registration for Cross Country season only is $75.
NEW athletes to LIttle Aths must Register with LAVic to participate at Kew.
When you're on the Little Athletics Victoria website:
1. Click on "Register Now", then 'renew', 'join' or 'change' (centre).
2. Enter "Kew Little Athletics Centre" as both the Centre and Club
3. Click here to calculate your athlete's age group.
4. Print the invoice/receipt (to show to your cross-country co-ordinator)
5. Click yellow registration button above to finalise cross country membership with Kew LAC, join Kew Cross Country email distribution list to be informed of weekly race information and ensure you're all set for the next event
6. Please bring Proof of Age to your first competition e.g. birth certificate, passport etc. so your registration can be completed and you can collect your barcoded registration patch.
We can’t wait to see you at Cross Country training, or representing KEWLAC at the State Cross Country Championships!
State Cross Country Championships – (Date & Venue TBC)
All registered athletes must wear their Commonwealth Bank registration patch with their personal barcode to each XC meet