Cross Country 2021
The Summer Track & Field season has ended but training has not ended!
You can do cross country during the winter months or stay fit and run for fun!
Midweek training will be held at Stradbroke Park every Wednesday starting April 21st!
Question: What do Little Athletes do in Winter? Answer: Cross Country!…and here’s why:
Cross Country training is included in your registration fee – there’s no additional cost!
Improve your fitness, make new friends
Prepare for inter-school cross country competitions
If you’re interested, read on……
Training is held:
at Stradbroke Park
until and including Wednesday July 28th and may be extended
First actual EMR run is planned for Sunday April 18th at Gardiner’s Creek (enter via Deakin Uni) - (to be confirmed)
Schedule is being finalised now. Details TBC soon.
If you are interested in attending training please RSVP on KEWLAC TeamApp! Search for ‘TeamApp’ on the App Store, download, search for Kew Little Athletics Centre and request access. Once you are accepted: go to ‘Events’ and RSVP to the training dates listed.
Want to join Kew Little Athletics for Cross Country season?
If you were not registered for the Summer season, click here for the Little Athletics Victoria website. Please note that this link is unavailable until LAVic opens up the membership portal again after the COVID shut-down – but this should open up again soon if it’s not available!
Registration for Cross Country season only is $75.
Once you're on the Little Athletics Victoria website:
1. Click on "Register Now", then 'renew', 'join' or 'change' (centre).
2. Enter "Kew Little Athletics Centre" as both the Centre and Club
3. Click here to calculate your athlete's age group.
4. Print the invoice/receipt (to show to your cross-country co-ordinator)
5. Click yellow registration button above to finalise cross country membership with Kew LAC, join Kew Cross Country email distribution list to be informed of weekly race information and ensure you're all set for the next event
6. Please bring Proof of Age to your first competition e.g. birth certificate, passport etc. so your registration can be completed and you can collect your barcoded registration patch.
We can’t wait to see you at Cross Country training, or representing KEWLAC at the State Cross Country Championships!
State Cross Country Championships – scheduled for August 1st – Venue TBC
All registered athletes must wear their Commonwealth Bank registration patch with their personal barcode to each XC meet