2021 Winter Cross Country Season
Calling all KEW LAC little athletes it’s time to turn it up a notch and put your track skills to the test off road 🙌 🌳 🌧 💪 🏃♂️ 🏃♀️
Kew LAC Cross Country Team competes against athletes within the Eastern Region including Doncaster, Box Hill, Camberwell/Malvern, Nunawading, Ringwood and Collingwood. Races are held on Sunday mornings from 9:30-11 at various locations around the Eastern suburbs April – August with distances 500m (U6) up to 3000m (U13-U16). To be a part of the action be sure to register your interest by visiting our cross country 2021 google form https://forms.gle/T1hjXiwp3xNqGmR88 and complete your details so you are on our list for all the cross country updates.
We look forward to seeing as many Kew LAC little athletes on course soon!!
2020/21 Kew Little Aths AGM - This Saturday!! (20 March, 2021)
Kew Little Athletes and Families,
KEWLAC is required to hold an AGM each year and circulate its financial statements to its members.
Please click the link below to view the Notice of Meeting and related documents for our AGM which will be held at Stradbroke Park on the last day of the Summer Season on Saturday 20 March 2021.
We note that there are a number of nominations sought for vacant positions at KEWLAC for next season. Please contact our President Anna Kiely to express your interest – your club needs you!
Message from our President
Kew Little Athletes and families,
We are in the home straight now of our summer season. And what a season it has been!
Despite a slightly delayed start we had an absolutely incredible few months on the track and at the club.
Here are some of the highlights:
· we organised for all Little Athletes to receive an OFFICIAL KEWLAC uniform top as part of their registration this year to really boost our club feel – the kids absolutely love their new tops and feeling part of a team
· we set up TeamApp to revolutionize communications with all our members, and it has proven to be a real success, including with duty sign up which we really appreciate (we LOVE TeamApp!)
· we brought back Twilight Competition nights, the kids and parents loved those events, as evidenced by the big smiles in the photos, and the reactions to the parents’ races – what a hoot they were
· we organised name badges for all our Committee members, officials, volunteers and coaches so you can now easily identify who can help you whenever you need it, and makes for a better community and team feel
· we ran a club survey to get your feedback about what we do well and how we could do better
· we won a $3,500 Equipment Grant from Coles, for new marquees to protect our Little Athletes and Families from the Summer sun, as well as new javelins
· we purchased additional high jump mats to reduce Little Athlete waiting times
· we offered KEWLAC fan gear for the first time in a really long time – the kids went crazy for the hair korkers, wrist bands in KEWLAC colours and the new KEWLAC caps
· attendance at weekday training is at the highest levels for years, which we put down to clear information and communications through TeamApp
· we successfully wrapped our heads around the many and ever-changing COVID requirements
· our member numbers are almost as high as last season, when we were expecting a material drop off after the lockdown. We think everyone, kids and parents alike, were just so excited to be let out and we were one of the first sports to be allowed to return to play
· we introduced weekly relay training to really help kids prepare for relay competition
· we have just applied for a Federal Government Grant to purchase new iPads – ours are on their last legs we’re afraid, so fingers crossed we are successful!
· and many other things...
We look forward to starting the Winter Cross Country Season soon – KEWLAC membership includes weekly Cross Country training and events until around September. Stay tuned for more information to come!
We hope you’ve had a great summer season with us – we look forward to seeing you over winter as well.
Go Team KEWLAC!